Building Brighter Futures
Preschool & Child Care for Children 6 Weeks - 5 Years Old
We focus on nurturing the potential of every child with age appropriate, center-based learning activities and a curriculum that develops social, emotional and creative skills to establish a lifelong love of learning. The Mara Center for Early Childhood Learning is housed within the new Meadowlands YMCA, which has offered child care for nearly 100 years. We couldn't be more excited to have our new home providing daycare and preschool in East Rutherford! During our extensive history of youth development, we've created approaches that are scientifically proven to be effective. Parents can have peace of mind knowing their child is in a safe and productive environment at the Y.
REGISTER TODAY & GET 1 MONTH of Preschool FREE*
Free Family Membership to the Y included with enrollment!
*Limited time only.
And as Y members, you get special pricing on sports and activity classes for the whole family, plus some FREE classes!
THE MARA CENTER OFFERS:
- State-licensed, high quality facilities
- Year-round schedule, Monday - Friday
- Open enrollment, full and part time
- Flexible schedules and extended hours: 7am - 6:30pm
- Child/teacher ratios that exceed New Jersey standards
- Age appropriate curriculum
- Teachers certified in CPR, First-Aid, and Epi-Pen support
- Experienced, certified, and caring staff
- Nationally recognized Healthy U program using the CATCH® Curriculum
- Monthly in house educational visits from local zoos, artists, and community leaders
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Art, Engineering and Math)
- Recreational swim and gym time at the Y
- Healthy snacks (peanut-free center)
- Structured play time
- Daily reports on your child's day
- Field trips and special events
- Summer Camp for preschoolers
- Family programs
- Open door policy
Our Facility FEATURES:
- A self-contained wing of the Meadowlands YMCA with a private entrance and state-of-the-art security system
- Brand new, bright, large, and modern indoor space with age-appropriate classrooms
- Turfed outdoor play area that's accessible to all ages
- Access to the YMCA's various amenities (Technology Lab, Gatorade gym, & Aquatics Center)
- Cafe with a health-conscious menu that's available for school lunches and take-home meals
Advantages of Interest-Based Learning Centers
Center-based learning combines lesson plans and playful activities, which has proven to engage imagination, intelligence, language, social skills, and perceptual motor abilities in infants and young children. Learning in this format is tied to the development of cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical behaviors. If a child enjoys the cerebral sensations of a lesson, they’re not only more likely to remember it, but want to learn more. By using approaches like songs-based learning, the class becomes more enjoyable and relatable for the child. Additionally, involving them in active decision-making and games also helps to retain information.
A Positive Learning Atmosphere
With our interest-based learn centers and well-trained staff, the Mara Center provides a positive atmosphere that will instill a lifelong love of learning in our students. We are a multi-cultural center that celebrates the cultures, languages, and customs of all members of our community. A sensitivity to diversity, ethnic groups, nationalities, and languages is woven into our daily activities.
OPEN HOUSE CALENDAR
Monday - Friday, May 14-18, 2018: 7:00am - 6:30pm (During regular operating hours)
Wednesday, August 15, 2018: 5:30pm - 7:30pm (Ice Cream Social Theme)
Saturday, October 20, 2018: 12:00pm - 2:00pm (Fall Festival Theme)
Registration & Info
Jennifer Grinberg, Director, Mara Center for Early Childhood Learning
- Psychology Degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University
- 10 years of child care education experience
- Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certified
SCHEDULE Your TOUR TODAY!
Call 201-955-5300 x258