2016-2017 School Year
A New Jersey State licensed, childcare facility offering a combination of exciting programs.
Pre-K Program 3-5 years
Toddler Program 18 months- 3 years:
Full Day Child Care Program (7am - 6:30pm) Or
Morning/Afternoon Enrichment Programs (9am - noon or 3pm - 6pm)
Monday-Friday - Choose 3, 4 or 5 days per week.
The early years in each child’s life are vitally important to the person they will become. At the Meadowlands Area YMCA, we provide a nurturing, stimulating and happy environment where children feel secure to discover their potential as they reach developmental milestones. Because learning is constant in the circle of life, our goal is to provide each child with a strong foundation to ensure a bright future.
With over 90 years of experience, The Meadowlands Area YMCA is one of the most well-respected and experienced early education and child care programs in the community. We give parents peace of mind as they go to work comfortable in knowing that their child is nurtured, growing and safe.
Our programs offer Early Education and Care for children as young as 18 months old through 5 years old and we accommodate full-time, full or part-week schedules. Enrollment is ongoing, so we encourage you to schedule a tour.
- Individual goal setting for all children developed by their caregivers/teachers
- Consistent communication and progress reports between caregiver/teacher and parent
- Theme-based learning driven by high curriculum standards
- Variety of learning domains based upon sound knowledge of early childhood development
- Language Arts/Literacy activities
- Mathematics/hands on learning
- Science/hands on exploration
- Social studies/understanding the world around us
- Gardening projects that include activities in ecology, recycling, and growing seasons
- Technology in the Pre-K classrooms to enhance learning
- Service learning activities
- Variety of enrichment programs throughout the year – all curriculum based on NJ State Preschool Teaching and Learning standards
- Reading is Fundamental - activities include book distributions and story time
- Nutrition and exercise lessons plus activities based on the Healthy U program, a Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Initiative to keep children healthy and active
- Qualified, caring teachers committed to best practices in education
- All staff are certified in administering CPR, First Aid and Epi-Pens
- Lead teachers have college degrees and/or the national CDA credential (Child Development Associate)
- Ongoing professional development for all staff
- Warm, caring environment
- Outdoor playground area
- Quarterly review of building and classrooms to ensure security and safety
- Careful, responsible employment policies
- Infused with the Y’s mission to strengthen the foundations of community
- Core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility integrated in all programming
- Financial assistance offered
Enrolling at the Meadowlands Area YMCA
Registration is ongoing. The first step is to explore our educational programs firsthand by scheduling a visit to our center. Personalized tours may be arranged for those parents wishing to speak in depth with our Director or one of our teachers. Financial Assistance is available through a confidential application process.
Daycare Director, Ellen Daly, email@example.com
Licensed by the Stare of New Jersey Department of Children and Families.
Enroll your child onto the path of social and educational development. Call 201.955-5300 ext. 29 to schedule a tour or for more information.