Before & after School Programs
Before & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Available at schools in Rutherford, Maywood & Calrstadt
The Meadowlands YMCA is renowned for providing innovative childcare options that are designed to provide quality care for children before and after school. Our program focuses on building self confidence and character through education-based activities. We emphasize the Y’s four core values of character development—caring, honesty, respect and responsibility – in every area of our before and after school care.
Our goal is to provide:
- A warm, caring, and safe environment under the guidance of an experienced staff.
- Each child the opportunity to develop their self-confidence and social skills.
- Developmentally appropriate activities that stimulate creativity and encourage learning through fun and discovery.
Our, after school program, also known as School Age Child Care (SACC), is offered in a safe and productive environment. All SACC programs are licensed childcare sites by the State of New Jersey, Department of Human Services.
2018- 2019 School Year
Our program follows the standards of the National YMCA School Age Care Curriculum (SACC), whose core components include:
- Arts and Humanities
- Character Development
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Healthy U
- Homework Help
- Service Learning
- Social Competence and Conflict Resolution
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math)
- Snacks provided
After School Care for Grades k-8
A parent handbook with the program policies and payment schedules can be downloaded below. Enrollment and medical forms will be distributed at the time of registration or can be downloaded below. These forms must be completed and returned, before a child can start the program. For more information about registration, click on your location below.
Flexible Schedules: Choose a from 2-5 days per week. See the packets below for times.
Rutherford Maywood Carlstadt
GENERATION US (GRADES: 4TH-8TH)
Download the Registration Packet